Picture this, 431 string students, of differing levels, all playing together. This past Thursday was the district wide orchestra festival. Everyone from the 4th grade beginning strings program, through the elementary orchestra, to the Junior High and the High Schoolers were playing. And as the grand finale, they all played together!
Here is a video of Aidan's performance. And don't tell him I said so, but I think this boy is enjoying this. I still don't expect him to want to play forever, but I definitely stand by our decision to start him, and think it has been a great learning experience for him! He's excited to join the elementary orchestra next year where they will get to play in more parts.
During the last song, "Libertango" I tried to focus in on Aidan, but all you'll get is the top of his head. If you look closely you can see his little bow bowing! Listening to him play in a huge ensemble like this was inspiring, and he definitely enjoyed the experience of playing with the big kids.
After his performance, I said, "Aidan! I had no idea! You have really improved!" This comment came because I don't get to hear a lot of violinning from him. He practices for an hour every morning at school, and I don't get to hear much. His reply, "I fooled you! You thought I was still playing hot cross buns!" The trickster!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment