When I was getting him out of bed the other day, he complained that I moved his blanket "over." So, I flipped it over to the other side, but he still protested. He started crying saying he needed his "favorite side!" I had no idea what to make of this. Then he started running his fingers down the binding until he found the one imperfection in it. A lump under the seam from where the binding all came together. He slipped it between his second and third finger and let out an, "Ahhhh, my favorite!"
Since then I've observed him many times sitting on the couch with this funny little spot on the blanket between his fingers. It's the thinnest part of the blanket. I can't believe I never noticed he had a little lovey spot on it before! But for some reason, I think it's really sweet.
6 comments:
lala has a favorite "baubble" (tie) on her blanket that she is always touching and twirling when she has her blankie. it is so interesting how kids find comfort in those sorts of little things!
bummer you've all been sick!
That is PRECIOUS!! :)
What a cutie! Aren't little ones so funny! I hope you all feel better soon and that Emilee doesn't get it!
What a little cutie-glad you are all feeling better.
How cute! I hope things are getting back to normal now. I always hate being sick because not only is everyone miserable, but the house shows it!
That is so cute! I had a favorite blanket like that which I kept on my bed until I went to college. Your story reminded me of when I always used to run my fingers around the ruffled edges :)
Post a Comment