Monday, December 8, 2008

Little Miss Tiny



Who. . . me?
Yes, you, little miss. After Emilee's 9 month appointment today, I drove straight to Costco, where I purchased a giant thing of baby formula, which will now be mixed with most all her food. Then, I drove straight to Fred Meyer, and bought whole milk yogurt. You may have guessed by now, Emilee could use some fattening up. She gained a whopping. . .
1 oz
over the last two months. One. Ounce. Putting her at 14 lbs 9 ounces, and below the growth charts for weight. That little stinker! The good news is she has grown in height and head circumference and is developmentally doing just dandy. Just not much of an appetite. The doc would like to see a little chunking up, if you know what I mean. Too bad she's too little for all these Christmas cookies that seem to chunk up the rest of us!
Anyway, that's the update today. I've had quite the blogging hiatus. I hereby pledge to do better. See you later this week. . .

8 comments:

Chatty Family said...

We have gone through the weight woes. She has probably been too busy moving around to put on the pounds! We put olive oil and butter in Porter's baby food. And we love us some Yo Baby yogurt still today! One thing's for sure - she is NOT lacking in the cuteness department!

Maryann said...

That is such a cute picture of little Miss Emilee!

mahina said...

great picture! so she isn't even on the charts?? we've had little ones, but never that little! chunck her up, would ya!

i wish i had her problem!

Michelle said...

She might be tiny but she sure is cute!

Terry said...

Mix the formula with cream, add some Quik and she'll thank you for it eternally. At least I would.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Wow! She really is SO precious!! :) LOVE that picture of her too!

She is little, little! I think our baby was 25 pounds by 9 months! :)

It goes to show that they each blossom in his or her own special time!

Jodie and the boys said...

Oh, she is tiny! I've got a 3 month old that out weighs her by at least 5 pounds! Yikes! She is adorable and definitely has the "Wilde" look! Good luck packing the pounds on her!

Liz said...

Oh poor little skinny minny! I hope your plan to fatten her up, really works!