Friday, December 14, 2007

Zoo Lights

Gordon has been out almost every night this week, due to work, YM, and tonight snowboarding with the boy scouts. Fun for him! Not so much for us though. Tonight, we just had to get out, so I took the boys over to the Oregon Zoo to see the "zoo lights!" We've never been to this before, and it was kind of funny. Tons of lights, and I think we only spotted 4 animals. But, we rode the steam train, saw beautiful lights, and the kids loved it! Chandler was particularly smitten with the train ride. It was very fun! And, it got us out of the house, wore out the kids (and me) and was very Christmassy!

On the Train. . .

A view from the train

In the Elephant House, one of the few places we spotted some wildlife!

I think Chandler could have stood here and watched the elephants for an hour!

Riding a Hippo

4 comments:

Liz said...

Fun night out! Isn't it strange how some weeks you've got something every night, and then other weeks you don't?

mahina said...

what a fun night! you are brave to do it with three boys and a prego belly! it's been several years since we did that! i'm sure the girls would love it!

Koch Clan said...

Way to go taking the boys all by yourself! What fun. I have thought about doing that here but I don't want to brave the cold. The boys looked so cute all bundled up.

Nancy Zundel said...

Speaking of fun Christmassy things to do in Portland...when we are there, we love to take the kids downtown to Meier and Frank (now Macys) and go to the 10th (?) floor. They have a Santaland, where you can see Santa, look at stuff and ride the monorail. They took the monorail away last year, but I read in the paper at Thanksgiving that it is back this year. And it's free! My kids love that monorail. If you haven't tried it, it's a great outing (plus, Pioneer square and the huge Christmas tree are right next door).