Friday, December 7, 2007

Puppy Love?

I was not expecting this in the first grade. I mean, I know Ethan is a very handsome little boy and all, but really! He was telling us the other day that there is a girl (Rasheen) that wants to kiss him on the playground! She makes kissy noises and chases him around and he runs away. I'm sure he runs pretty fast, too, as he professes to HATE ALL KISSING. If I forget and accidentally kiss him goodnight, boy do I hear about it!

And then. . .

This came home doodled on the back of his homework earlier this week!

Ethan Lovs Brooklene!!! Ethan loves Brooklyn! What the heck! So, we were nonchalantly asking him about it, and he was explaining that he does indeed love Brooklyn, and it is in his plans to marry her. Well, really, he said he'd decide for sure later, but that's the plan for now. It was very cute, as he was not in the least embarrassed by this at all! Gordon asked him if he loves her like he loves peaches and chocolate, or loves her romantically. And the answer? "Romantically." Ah, puppy love. . . At least he chose a good little girl, that I actually like! :)Here she is farthest to the right. . . Pretty cute! Check out the little stud muffin with all those bathing beauties at his last birthday party. . .

Aidan's plan is still to marry me. Or if I'm still unavailable, Grammy comes in a close second. If she's not available, then Ellie across the street is being considered. We'll see how it all works out!

5 comments:

Jennifer M said...

They are growing up WAY TOO FAST!! So sweet.

Koch Clan said...

That is hilarious. Gabe wants nothing to do with girls which is great. But I am sure his time will come. There is a little girl at church named Brooklyn too and she will smile at him all the time. So cute. Love Ethan with all the girls in that picture.

Nancy Zundel said...

That is way too funny Rachel! I dread the day Will comes home with this kind of stuff. For now, kissing is gross and girls are yucky...I hope it stays that way forever!

Kara Wilde said...

That is so darn sweet! I love kids, they're so entertaining! :) I wonder what Ethan will do for her on Valentines...if it lasts that long :)

Liz said...

Oh so fun! I love it when kids have "crushes". Good that you documented this!