Saturday, August 11, 2007

What could possibly be worse. . .

. . .than waking up on Saturday morning with about 10 loads of laundry to do, and not a drop of detergent? Well, please allow me to enlighten you!

We ran off to Costco this morning to get detergent right as they opened, and then ran home, started a load, and then left the house to go help Uncle Jeremy paint his house. Upon returning, we found the entire washroom area flooded in 5 gallons of liquid concentrate detergent about a half an inch deep. OH MY YUCK. Somehow it fell off it's shelf and busted open.

An hour later, 12 bath towels, every kitchen towel in the house, major mopping, moving the washer and the dryer. . . it's finally cleaned up. And now, I once again have no laundry detergent (except in the soaked towels, which I plan to use to do the loads) and now about 5 more loads of completely soaked towels to add to the mess. And the fun goes on and on. . .

4 comments:

Chelsea Parsons said...

oh crap! I hope you let out a swear word or two!!! I would have! Least you have a nice clean floor now Rach!!!!

mahina said...

sucks to be you! that had to be a lot of detergent seeing as you got it from costco! glad its all cleaned up! have fun with the loads and loads of laundry!

Liz said...

OH my!! What a nightmare!! I guess you've got a squeaky clean floor now!

jrteacherlady said...

opps!!! Lucky you! What a bummer! Live and learn, right???