Part 2
What could be worse than cleaning up five gallons of liquid laundry detergent? Well today I'm going to go with cleaning up five gallons of broken glass.
Last night the boys were taking a shower. Just when I thought they were old enough to handle a shower by themselves, too. . . We heard the shower door slam about 3 times, and Gordon went running in. I heard him yell, "Stop Aidan!" and then one more big slam and Ka-Pow! Our shower door in 10kazillion pieces. We got the kids out, who were buried in broken glass, and showered them off in the other shower, and sent them straight to bed. Then we got to work for an hour cleaning up endless shards of broken glass. Ah, it was finally cleaned up. Let's go have a rest. . .
Part 3
What could be worse than cleaning up five gallons of broken glass? How about cleaning it up twice? Right after we finished, Gordon took the bucket off the toilet seat and started to walk down the stairs. He hit the first stair, and the handle on the bucket broke off, and down, down, down, went the bucket of glass. So began cleanup number two. After that, I was really ready for bed!
Okay, I promise my next post will be full of good cheer and fun things. . . at least I hope!!! I need a break!
8 comments:
Oh my gosh, what horrible luck. I hate when things like that happen. I feel for you. Hopefully you are on the upward swing now and things will get better. Thanks for the post though I will not let my kids shower in our shower yet!
WOW! What a mess! I knew there was more than one reason to hate those stupid glass shower doors! What a nightmare! DId you both just break down and laugh about it afterwards or cry? Its hard to say which one I would want to do. I know I'd be mad too. Good luck today! I hope nothing else crazy happens!
I think I have a cure for your current string of bad luck. . . . quickly become a grandparent so you don't have to worry about those pesky kids. But I guess what goes around comes around - like when you walked through our sliding door, which was not safety glass.
Grampy
Oh my! I think I would have lost it :) Especially having to clean up the glass from the carpet. A shopvac sounds like it'll be on your shopping list soon :)
Oh Rach- I can't believe how rotten this week has been for you...I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry- probably both! Maybe these things happen in 3's and now you are over it for a while. Good luck!
oh my goodness! i can't believe it! all within a week! you poor thing! things can only get better, right?
Rachel,
I am so sorry! There was a glass door on the tub when we moved into this new house. We removed it within the first week after the kids discovered the fun of slamming it open and closed. I'm glad we did it before they discovered the fun of it breaking.
I hope someone swore!!!!
Post a Comment