Monday, July 2, 2007

This one's for the girls. . .

I put out that disclaimer, because I know if you are male, this entry will probably give you little to no thrill. But, I love crafting so I will share what I do! So, if you are a member of the opposite sex, feel free to skip this one, I'm not offended at all. I know how it works. After all, I am surrounded by males!

Happy Birthday to. . . who? This is a super fun quilt I did for a girlfriend's upcoming birthday. Is your birthday coming up? Maybe you are the lucky gal? I love it. It's the first quilt I've ever done that I'm giving away, that I think I might just have to make one for myself. It would look so delicious on my chocolate brown couches! Gordon mocked me royally as I set up my "photo shoot" for this one on the front porch. "We have neighbors, you know!" :) Well, now I guess they'll know how nutty I am for my quilts! I love the back too. I used extra scraps instead of one big piece, and I just love it. Yum yum yum. . .






And this just made me smile all afternoon. My sewing table looks so sweet with this little baby present hanging here waiting to be delivered. I love it when my friends have babies, so I can buy something sweet, and maybe even monogram it. So who do you know with these initials? Fun presents coming their way. . .


Like I said, if you're a male, you probably don't get this. But that's okay. I'm a girl and I like being one! And I understand. . . I don't really like watching football. . .

6 comments:

Becca said...

Beautiful quilt - too bad it's not my birthday :) I should find more time to craft and create - I love the results! Thanks for sharing . . and inspiring!

Jennifer M said...

Yummy Fabrics! I love the colors. How do you find the time to put all these together?? I'm so envious!! :)

Terry said...

Not to worry Rachel. With a simple bribe of something like a Juanita's taco, you can probably enlist Chandler and Lance to mercilessly mock Gordon's shredding (in)ability in a couple of weeks. In fact I've witnessed first hand his stitch work - "pearling" on a regular basis.

Bridget said...

Very cute! I love brown with just about any color. I found you on Mahina's blog. I also have a son named Ethan.

Liz said...

Love the quilt! The little girl outfit is adorable too. Maybe someday you will have one of your own?

Chelsea Parsons said...

Rach..... wish I was your best friend!!!! You are realy talented. I couldnt sew two pieces of fabric together straight if I tried. Quilts confuse me but I love them. The colours look fabulous! Lucky friend!!!!