Monday, November 3, 2014

It's the Halloween Report!


Ah, sweet November is here, which means Halloween is done!  I love Halloween, but I am always glad to kiss it goodbye.  :)  This year we barely got the pumpkins carved in time for the trick or treaters to arrive.  Daddy was out of town all week and we managed the trunk or treat without him, but didn't ever feel up to a carving fest with a solo mama.  So, we waited until the last minute!  We had a great time and did a quick slightly damp trick or treat around the neighborhood.  I wish I had taken a photo of all the candy on the table after the second round of trick or treating.  There is no other word for it but obscene.  Each kid collected a "personal bag"of 20 items to take to their room.  Mom doesn't care when you eat those.  And those bags were full of king sized candy bars.  Then several of the kids wanted to collect their teachers favorite candy to take to them (goodbye baby ruths!) and about 1/10th of it went that way.  Then I collected as much as I could into a heaping bowl (the biggest bowl in the house) for lunches and slow distribution, and the rest. . .  don't ask don't tell!

Here we are ready to trunk or treat.  A Mime, ladybug, "good"witch, Frodo, and there should be one more kid. . .  where is that Waldo?  I can't seem to find him.

this is as far as my costume got this year. . .

Chandler tried his hands at power tool carving this year.  Very fun.





1 comment:

Nicole said...

I LOVE the costumes and your shoes are awesome!!!