Tonight was the night before school began. We decided to start a new tradition based on an idea I've seen a couple of times on a blog I frequent. A back to school feast. We chose a theme based on a favorite scripture, only had foods that the kids love, and talked all about the school year, goals, why we love school, what we're nervous about, etc.
The schollars got paper crowns representing their year in school, and Emilee got one because she is the princess, of course!
We followed it all up with chocolate cake and back to school blessings, another tradition we have always held.
We are all so excited about tomorrow!!!
4 comments:
So fun!! I have often thought of doing that as well - someday I'll get the creative-energy up to do it.
What a fun tradition! One of these years I am going to have to copy you! Looks like you are getting settled in your new place - any luck on finding a place you LOVE to buy?
Yes, do tell how the house shopping is going! Did you get that idea from NieNie? :)
That's awesome!! I'll remember this for next fall when we send T to kindergarten! Are you feeling settled in your rental?
Post a Comment