Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bang Bang

Heidi has not let me do her hair for about two months now.  Every time I go to comb it, let alone pull it out of her eyes, she screams "OWWW!" and runs away, and then immediately rips whatever is in her hair out.  Every once in a blue moon she would cooperate, giving me hope, but then we'd be right back to a week of a ragamuffin with hair in her eyes.  ALL THE TIME.  Like so:

 You might be thinking I combed her hair forwards here, but this is just how it falls.  So she was constantly sweeping it our of her eyes.
So, I set her in the tree, and took a quickie portrait of my pretty little girl before her hair was ever cut.  



So off to the kiddo salon we went.  They did a great job and didn't even bat an eye when I told them I was probably going to be a nut case about the whole thing.
 She did exactly as I asked and gave us some bangs and a very slight trim up the back.  Of course she let the lady put her hair up.  She waited until we got into the car to pull it out.  :)
And here we are!  Looking so grown up.  And so much more comfortable.  No more ragamuffin hair for Heidi.  Sniff sniff!



2 comments:

Michelle said...

Love the pictures in the tree! What a cutie! Glad she is happier with bangs!

Ann said...

Sniff, sniff. She just keeps growing up a little more!