Monday, May 28, 2012

a surge of creative energy

I don't know what came over me this week, but I suddenly had the urge to make something.  I haven't sewed anything since last February, so this rather fun!  I had some cute fabric and pattern inspiration acquired from pinterest, and off I went!  Emilee got a little sundress and Heidi matching rompers.  
 Here they are modeling their new duds on the little chair I painted last month.  This was my first experience with oil based paints and I'd say it's pretty incredible stuff!



 Do you know who was the most excited about these new clothes for the girls?  CHANDLER!  He couldn't wait to put them on and take pictures.  Above, he is staging the photo shoot.  It was so sweet.  He took this picture below. . .
 And here is the other Craigslist chair that I picked up the same day I bought the one above.  I just loved it's curvy lines and brought it home and made cushions for it.  The cushions turned out a little smaller than I was planning (still trying to figure out my mistake) but I think it's a darling chair nonetheless.  Does anyone else sense that I'm a little stuck on one color?
So there you have it, a few little things I've been working on. . .

1 comment:

Maryann said...

It is a good color to be stuck on. Love that blue. Cute finds and the girls outfits are darling. Of course with such adorable models, they look cute in everything.