Saturday, July 4, 2009

8 is Great!!!

Ethan turned 8 on Thursday, and it's been a star spangled birthday. We've had all-American baseball birthday cake,
and there have been some pretty exciting gifts!
But the best thing of all is that now that Ethan is eight, he had the opportunity to be baptized a member of our Church. We are so proud of Ethan and pleased that he made the decision to make this covenant with his Father in Heaven. The baptism was lovely, and Grammy and Grampy flew all the way from LA to be here with us. They even participated in the program. Ethan's Daddy baptized and confirmed him. Ethan is beaming.
The whole family afterwards. Ethan is loving his new jacket. So grown up you know!!!
What a grown up little man. I can't believe I have an eight year old(!) but I sure am glad I do.
It's great to be eight!

9 comments:

Becca said...

What a great birthday!! I definitely think 8 is one of those birthdays that top all other birthdays!! So great to celebrate it with family as well!

Michelle said...

What a big week for Ethan! Happy birthday! I'm glad your parents got to be there for it - I would have been surprised if they didn't go. Where did you find Ethan's jacket? He looks so grown-up!

Nancy and Carrie said...

I thought about you all day. I cannot believe you have an 8 year old! I remember how barely pregnant you were at my wedding, and how exciting for the first of the second generation Senior 7 to be born!!!

jrteacherlady said...

Happy Birthday big boy! I love the family pic... What a beautiful family:)

Liz said...

Congratulations to Ethan! He does look so grown up! What a handsome little man!

Jen said...

Ethan looked so adorable yesterday at church! I just wanted to scoop him up and take him home. You have such a wonderful family. We are grateful that you are in our ward!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

:) How exciting! He's growing up SO fast! What a handsome 8 year old too!

That is a BEAUTIFUL family picture of you all!

By the way, is that an Ann Taylor skirt you are wearing?? I think I have the exact same one too! :)

Chatty Family said...

Congratulations! Birthday number eight is always so special. I am glad you guys had a wonderful day.

mahina said...

what a handsome guy in his suitcoat! 8 IS great!